Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Kinicky <ki...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/20 15:18:49 UTC

changing the forbbiden page

Hi folks!

what should i do to change the Forbidden page on JSPWiki?

Instead of the message, i wannt show the login form in the content area of
the page.

That's possible, right?

thank you!

Re: changing the forbbiden page

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
ah, now it is clear to me.
This is a challenge I think, and it has been reported before.
Currently the forbidden page is the container's (tomcat) error page declared
in the web.xml deployment descriptor.
So, strictly spoken it has nothing to do with JSPWiki, but how you deployed
it in your container. (but almost everybody uses the default page that is
shipped with JSPWiki)

For JSPWiki 3.0 I guess Stripes can do some nice magic here (right Andrew ?)

For JSPWiki 2.8 this would require some redesign, it would be nice if we
could configure (in jspwiki.properties) the name of the "error page" which
would then be a normal wiki page, but this might introduce some chicken/egg
problems.
I'm not sure if this is the right approac, and also if we still want to put
this effort into 2.8, anyone else comments ?

regards,
Harry

Posted by Kinicky <ki...@gmail.com>.

--