Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ben Johnson <be...@indietorrent.org> on 2012/07/26 23:28:25 UTC

[users@httpd] My message to this list is being blocked as "SPAM"

The returned message:

---------------
The mail system

<us...@httpd.apache.org>: host mx1.us.apache.org[140.211.11.136] said:
552 spam
    score (6.6) exceeded threshold
    (FROM_12LTRDOM,SPF_HELO_PASS,SPF_PASS,URI_OBFU_WWW (in reply to end
of DATA
    command)
---------------

There's nothing "spammy" about the message, so one is left to assume
that the primary cause is the domain portion of my email address. A bit
aggressive on Apache's part.

Any suggestions as to how I might communicate with this list going forward?

Thanks,

-Ben

[users@httpd] Re: My message to this list is being blocked as "SPAM"

Posted by Michelle Konzack <li...@tamay-dogan.net>.
Hello Ben Johnson,

> The returned message:
>
> ---------------
> The mail system
>
> <us...@httpd.apache.org>: host mx1.us.apache.org[140.211.11.136] said:
> 552 spam
>     score (6.6) exceeded threshold
>     (FROM_12LTRDOM,SPF_HELO_PASS,SPF_PASS,URI_OBFU_WWW (in reply to end
> of DATA
>     command)
> ---------------
>
> There's nothing "spammy" about the message, so one is left to assume
> that the primary cause is the domain portion of my email address. A bit
> aggressive on Apache's part.
>
> Any suggestions as to how I might communicate with this list going forward?

Do you have the sended original message?
(you can send it to me and I will check)

I assume, you where hit by "URI_OBFU_WWW" which absolutely sick  because
this filter has hit me more then 30 times!  I was not  even  to  post  a
question to rewite rules.  :-S

> Thanks,
> -Ben

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

               Internet Service Provider, Cloud Computing
                <http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>

itsystems@tdnet                     Jabber  linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de
Owner Michelle Konzack

Gewerbe Strasse 3                   Tel office: +49-176-86004575
77694 Kehl                          Tel mobil:  +49-177-9351947
Germany                             Tel mobil:  +33-6-61925193  (France)

USt-ID:  DE 278 049 239

Re: [users@httpd] My message to this list is being blocked as "SPAM"

Posted by Wade Evans <wa...@gmail.com>.
I recommend mailing from a different domain name.  "12 letter domain" is
still considered to be a significant indicator by the makers of
spamassassin.

-w

Posted by Ben Johnson <be...@indietorrent.org>.