Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Michael Bauroth <mi...@falcom.de> on 2006/04/12 11:30:02 UTC

Exception while using slf4j-log4j13 ???

Hi,

I figured out an exception while calling CharsetUtil.getDefaultCharset.
It took me a while until I found out, that the call of
LoggerFactory.getLogger( CharsetUtil.class ) failed. I've used the jar
slf4j-log4j13. After replacing it with slf4j-simple all works fine.
Now my question: What is the difference?

Regards
Michael

Re: [slf4j-user] Re: Exception while using slf4j-log4j13 ???

Posted by Michael Bauroth <mi...@falcom.de>.
Hi,

I don't use nothing of it. My problem was, that one of the facades
throwed an exception, the other one didn't. How I learned later (that's
why read the f*** manual ;) this jar's are only facades to underlying
logging frameworks. Because I didn't use up to this point no logging
framework, the exception was thrown inside the facade. After adding the
log4 jar to my project, the issue was solved.

Regards
Michael

--

_____ Falcom Wireless Communications GmbH ______________________________

Dipl.-Ing. Michael Bauroth
Manager Software Department

Phone:   +49 3677 8042 332
Fax:     +49 3677 8042 215
E-mail:  michael.bauroth@falcom.de

Address: Gewerbering 6, 98704 Langewiesen, Germany

______________________________ www.falcom.de ___________________________

This e-mail and any files transmitted are the property of FALCOM and/or
its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are
not one of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe that
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and
retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.

Re: [slf4j-user] Re: Exception while using slf4j-log4j13 ???

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <li...@qos.ch>.
Hello Trustin,

--
Ceki Gülcü

Re: Exception while using slf4j-log4j13 ???

Posted by Michael Bauroth <mi...@falcom.de>.
Sorry, was my mistake. After changing the try-catch block for catching
Throwables instead Exceptions, I've found out, that I missed the
log4j-1.3 package itself :(

Michael

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.