Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Vikas Khengare <Vi...@symantec.com> on 2006/01/11 06:19:07 UTC

How to track database changes at run time to update index in Lucene ?

Hi Friend.......

           I have two questions for you................

        I am doing indexing using Lucene. I am taking data from database
But for updation in index there is problem. How can I come to know that
a row or a single data cell is get changed from row ? How can I index
only that data cell ?

1] How to track database changes in web application from front end
processing at runtime ?
2] Can get information that database is changed...... Some events from
that I will come to know that database is changed

Explanation :
                I am doing indexing and searching on database. If
database gets change then I have to update index also. But how I come to
know in web application that which database record gets change and on
which table record is deleted OR inserted. So I will update that
document only from the index by uniquely identifying it.

         Can get information that database is changed...... Some events
from that I will come to know that database is changed............

        Can I use AJAX  OR Database Triggers OR Periodical updates OR
something different for that ?

       I hope I will get solution from experts like you.

Thanks.

From
vikas r. Khengare
[ vikas_khengare@yahoo.com <BL...@yahoo.com>  ]