Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Prateek Dua <pr...@go-mmt.com> on 2018/09/08 18:46:27 UTC

ElasticSearch engine-- Request reached timeout.

I'm using Elastic Backend Listener in my test plan to view the test run
live results in Jmeter Monitoring Dashboard but getting below error n
receiving response from ElasticSearch engine from Client side Jmeter.

ERROR i.g.d.j.b.e.ElasticSearchMetricSender: ElasticSearch Backend Listener
was unable to perform request to the ElasticSearch engine. Request reached
timeout.

Referred this link
https://dzone.com/articles/jmeter-elasticsearch-live-monitoring to
configure the Grifana Monitoring board & Elastic Backend listener
client side Jmeter

--

::DISCLAIMER::

This message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all attachments
from your system.

Re: ElasticSearch engine-- Request reached timeout.

Posted by Prateek Dua <pr...@go-mmt.com>.
basically I'm trying to connect Jmeter (Backend Listner i.e. Elastic Search
client) running on my local host to ElasticSearch Server ( Grafana) running
too on my local instance.

So i did the following steps to check telnet connectivity of both client &
server..

*1.* fetch Jmeter by process id

ps aux | grep java

prateekdua        1993   1.1  5.5 12710724 464060 s000  S+    6:56PM   0:23.21
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_91.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java
-server -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Xms512m -Xmx5120m -XX:+UseG1GC
-XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=100 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20
-Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=EN
-Xms512m -Xmx5120m -Xdock:name=JMeter
-Xdock:icon="./../docs/images/jmeter_square.png"
-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true
-Dapple.eawt.quitStrategy=CLOSE_ALL_WINDOWS -jar ./ApacheJMeter.jar

prateekdua        2308   0.0  0.0  4267752    872 s001  S+    6:57PM   0:00.00
grep java

*2.fetch port on which Jmeter client running *

lsof -aPi -p 1993

COMMAND  PID       USER   FD   TYPE             DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME

java    1993 prateekdua  171u  IPv6 0x2eacfe6ceec657df      0t0  TCP
192.168.1.7:49896->jmeter:443 (ESTABLISHED)

3.check telnet connectivity of Jmeter Client via same port fetched from
Step 2 - *Which got failed *

telnet 192.168.1.7 49896

Trying 192.168.1.7...

telnet: connect to address 192.168.1.7: Connection refused

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

4. check telnet connectivity of Elastic Server ( Grafana board) -- *which
gets connected *

telnet localhost 3000

Trying ::1...

Connected to localhost.

Escape character is '^]'.

So here what should i do in Step 3 to do connectivity of Jmeter -client..

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prateek Dua <pr...@go-mmt.com>.
Okie..

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.