Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by buddhika chamith <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/30 19:14:43 UTC

Pivot Capabilties

Hi All,

I am planning to build an application with a UI similar to that of attached
image. Mainly it would consist of component panel from which components can
be dragged and dropped on to a canvas and then connected to each other.
Additionally I want to represent the info in a Tree View on the canvas as a
tree,  visually on the canvas, upon user selecting a context menu command on
a Tree View node. Now do you foresee any issues that I might run in to with
Pivot for something like this. Is this kind of thing currently feasible with
Pivot?

Regards,
Buddhika

Re: Pivot Capabilties

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
I'm sorry but dodn't remember something like this, maybe it was only
in the (no more active) Demo Site of Greg ... but you could try to ask
directly to Greg (you can find his Apache email in our pages).
Or last, try to check in svn history from our trunk (but going back to 2009).

Sandro

Re: Pivot Capabilties

Posted by vinylherz <ud...@student.kit.edu>.

Re: Pivot Capabilties

Posted by Roger Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.
They still work for me: https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/pivot-jfree/

~Roger Whitcomb

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Pivot Capabilties

Posted by vinylherz <ud...@student.kit.edu>.
Does someone still have the jGraph-Prototype for pivot? All links are down

Re: Pivot Capabilties

Posted by buddhika chamith <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Greg I will look in to that.

Re: Pivot Capabilties

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
You can see the demo here. It is pretty basic but shows how you might use JGraph in a Pivot app:

  http://ixnay.biz/ixnay/jgraph_demo.html

The approach is similar to how JFreeChart is used here:

  http://code.google.com/p/pivot-jfree/

The source code for the JGraph example is here:

  http://ixnay.biz/ixnay/jgraph/

Greg

Re: Pivot Capabilties

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.

Re: Pivot Capabilties

Posted by buddhika chamith <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,

Re: Pivot Capabilties

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
I don't see anything in that mockup that you couldn't do with Pivot. The graph visualizer would obviously require some custom work, but I'm sure you knew that.  ;-)  You might be able to do it with Pivot's drawing API (org.apache.pivot.wtk.media.drawing). Alternatively, you could create a Pivot component that wraps a library such as JGraph. I prototyped such a component a while back as a proof of concept - I could re-post it if you are interested. Let me know.