Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Brown <dw...@webitplanet.com> on 2002/12/09 18:39:28 UTC

Re: trying to use jar file in jsp page.

Brian O. Bozarth writes:

> Still stuck on this.    I also re-jar-ed the file so that com was the first directory in the jar file.    The java files are in the tools folder.   Any insights?
>
> I put the jar file in the /tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib folder, which is where I am doing my app.
>
> I am trying to use this in my jsp file (but I get an error):
>
> <%@ page import="com.equifax.rcas.tools.*"%>
>
> getting an error of:

> An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null
>
> Generated servlet error:
>     [javac] Compiling 1 source file
>
> /web1/labwerks/tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost/_/dev/credit_check_jsp.java:7: package com.equifax.rcas.tools does not exist
> import com.equifax.rcas.tools.*;
> ^
> 1 error
>
> I am using Apache Tomcat/4.1.12

Hello Brian, using the docBase=ROOT as ur webapp is unadvisable. learn to
create/deploy ur on webapps through an expanded .war. u have a packaging and
deployment problem easily rectified using the ant build system. see the tc
/examples webapp ant build.xml to see how the tc gurus get all the doco and
demos to work "out-of-the-box". hope this helps, david.