Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ra...@jpmchase.com on 2005/12/12 20:52:39 UTC

Creating NON-Java clients for my web service

Hello,

I have created and deployed my first web service using axis 1.2 on WAS
5.1.   It works fine if I invoke the service using axis generated stub.
Now I need to test my service with some non java clients ..  If anyone can
provide me some ideas .. links .. sample code that will be of great help!

Your help is highly appreciated!

Raj

Re: Creating NON-Java clients for my web service

Posted by Ron Reynolds <Ro...@RonReynolds.com>.
what languages?
i've just recently done a .NET client (C#) and found it not as horrible as i had feared.  the .NET SDK ships with a wsdl.exe which is just like wsdl2java.  if you need to support WS-Security you'll need the WSE (Web Service Extensions) library as well.  i found that RSA keys in a PKCS12 keystore are about the only (sane) way to go as far as certificates - i'm sure there are ways to get .NET to support DSA or parse a PKS file, but RSA/PKCS12 works with (almost) no effort whatsoever and since Java supports both equally easily it just made sense to go that route.
if it's basic SOAP-over-HTTP it's really easy as .NET encapsulates all the XML<->Object mapping for you.

let me know if you're interested in the basic .NET source and i'll post it somewhere.  sounds like a topic for another wiki page... :)