Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by jcamus <jc...@parkeon.com> on 2009/09/18 11:34:54 UTC

Can't connect to JMS queue consumer from a remote client

Hi!
I defined into the ESB a JMS consumer SU. The default port is 61616. This is
the xbean.xml :

	<jms:consumer service="parkeon:JMSConsumer"
		endpoint="JMSConsumerEndpoint" targetService="parkeon:testSplitter"
		destinationName="MyQueue" connectionFactory="#connectionFactory"  />

	<bean id="connectionFactory"
		class = "org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory">
		<property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
	</bean>
</beans>

When I try with a JMS java client (sending message to the queue MyQueue)
running on the same machine as the ESb. It works fine.
But if I try running the JMS java client on another machine, I received the
following error :
Connect failed. Could not connect to port 61616.

Where I am wrong in the JMS configuration of the ESB.
I tried many things : changed the default port (into conf\activemq.xml and
servicemix.properties).
No firewall is running on my PC.

Another thing : when I run the activemq server application, the remote
client can't connect on port 61616. The problem seems clearly into the ESB
but where?

Regards

Re: Can't connect to JMS queue consumer from a remote client

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I'm not sure that 0.0.0.0 is a good value for the embedded ActiveMQ.
In fact the embedded ActiveMQ is used internally by ServiceMix (for the
flows, NMR, etc). If you need to use this embedded ActiveMQ, you can use
the JMS component (that you can use remotly).

Let me deal with the team about this.

Regards
JB

Posted by jcamus <jc...@parkeon.com>.