Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Ray <ra...@rayc.com> on 2011/07/01 15:05:36 UTC

Using MINA for multi user swing application

Firstly, is this the correct place to request information about MINA.
Is there an email address to use to request information about MINA?

I am developing a Swing application.
I want to build in multi user functionality (concurrent users, with concurrent
database access).
I am looking for a good coded example using MINA that shows all / many of the
principles that one would use in a well designed / coded multi user application
(for example, multi threading etc).

I know there are examples in the MINA download (apache-mina-2.0.3-src.zip) but
the documentation seems to be miniamal and doesn't explain the multi user (or
lack of) aspects of the code.

Do you know if there is a good coded example that I can download.

Ray

Re: Using MINA for multi user swing application

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

probably better to post on users@mina.apache.org
> I am developing a Swing application.
> I want to build in multi user functionality (concurrent users, with concurrent
> database access).
> I am looking for a good coded example using MINA that shows all / many of the
> principles that one would use in a well designed / coded multi user application
> (for example, multi threading etc).
>
> I know there are examples in the MINA download (apache-mina-2.0.3-src.zip) but
> the documentation seems to be miniamal and doesn't explain the multi user (or
> lack of) aspects of the code.
MINA won't help here. It's just a NIO framework, it's not a multi-user
application framework.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com