Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2004/05/22 14:08:01 UTC

[VOTE] Ant 1.6.1+ to build Cactus

Hi,

I'd like to make it mandatory to use Ant 1.6.1 to build Cactus from the
source. The Cactus distribution will remain compatible with Ant 1.4+.

The reason is that I need some features from Ant 1.6.1 to more easily
add support for J2EE 1.4 and we can start taking advantage of macrodef
and import to simplify our build.

Note: I've been a bit eager and I've started committing changed to
support J2EE 1.4 in the framework/ project which will probably only
build with Ant 1.6.1 as it is currently. If it happens that we don't
vote to move to Ant 1.6.1 then I'll revert my changes.

Here's my +1 to move to Ant 1.6.1.

Thanks
-Vincent

Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.6.1+ to build Cactus