Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hany Hassan <ha...@at-inc.net> on 2000/11/14 15:45:41 UTC

Tomcat 3.1 crashes when closing ODBC connection

Hi,

I'm using tomcat 3.1 with apache on WinNT. I'm doing both Servlets, JSP and also call some classes from the JSP files. I do creae a connection object to the ODBC. But whenever I close the connection object tomcat crashes (shuts down) and gives an "access violation" message. If I do not close the connection, it just works fine, but I feel it's unclean not to close the connections.
Could there be something wrong in what I'm doing? It also happened with another friend's code. It could be helpful to say that when I was using the JSDK (Java Servlet Development Kit) which comes with a simple servlet server, I had the same problem, too.

Thank you,
Hany Hassan

Re: Tomcat 3.1 crashes when closing ODBC connection

Posted by "Julio Serje (@canada.com)" <js...@home.com>.
Hany,

I run a little site in an NT with using the  ODBC-JDBC bridge (and Tomcat 3.1...) and everything works fine. Can you be more specific?

- What set of ODBC:JDBC drivers are you using (Use the one that comes with JDK1.3...)..
- To what type of database are you connecting

If you can send a code snippet with your connection to the database, it may help. It seems it isn't a Tomcat pb,as it fails also with JSDK.

Julio