Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by mitu2009 <mu...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/16 04:31:11 UTC

Lucene index updation and performance

I am working on a job portal site and have been using Lucene for job search
functionality.
Users will be posting a number jobs on our site on a daily basis.We need to
make sure that new job posted is searchable on the site as soon as possible.
In this context, how do I update Lucene index when a new job is posted or
when an existing job is edited?
Can lucene index updating and search work in parallel?

Also,can I know any tips/best practices with respect to Lucene
indexing,optimizing,performance etc?

Appreciate ur help!

Thanks!

Re: Lucene index updation and performance

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Hi,

Could you re-ask your question, on java-user@lucene.apache.org?
You'll get a better response there (this list, java-dev, is for
discussing the development of the internals of Lucene).

Mike