Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au> on 2001/10/24 09:17:21 UTC

mod_webapp and datasource failure

Hi,

I have looked into the mail archives and seen others with the same
problem: when using WARP, datasources don't work as they get deployed as
"null". The solutions mentioned were:
1) set ServerName to an IP address and the same in both that and
server.xml - didn't work, tried various combinations
2) use nightly builds of mod_webapp - doesn't compile with a stock
tomcat 4.0.1 ditribution when it gets to warp.jar.

It certainly seems to be attempting to deploy the webapp twice - it logs
the first time successfully in localhost_log_..., and fails when you
start apache and it logs that to cataline_log_... using the loggers from
the example server.xml.

Is there any solution to this, other than using a snapshot build of tomcat?
Is my best alternative to use a snapshot, the release AJP connector
(haven't tried it), or try and tunnel requests to a HTTP connector?

Thanks,
Brett

Re: mod_webapp and datasource failure

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Brett Porter at bporter@f2network.com.au wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have looked into the mail archives and seen others with the same
> problem: when using WARP, datasources don't work as they get deployed as
> "null". The solutions mentioned were:
> 1) set ServerName to an IP address and the same in both that and
> server.xml - didn't work, tried various combinations
> 2) use nightly builds of mod_webapp - doesn't compile with a stock
> tomcat 4.0.1 ditribution when it gets to warp.jar.
>
> It certainly seems to be attempting to deploy the webapp twice - it logs
> the first time successfully in localhost_log_..., and fails when you
> start apache and it logs that to cataline_log_... using the loggers from
> the example server.xml.
>
> Is there any solution to this, other than using a snapshot build of tomcat?
> Is my best alternative to use a snapshot, the release AJP connector
> (haven't tried it), or try and tunnel requests to a HTTP connector?

Can I see your server.xml configuration file?

    Pier