Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net> on 2000/11/20 20:33:48 UTC

APR has moved repository, please tweak your working copies...

APR has broken out from Apache and moved to its own repository.
Subversion people should do the following:

   cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@locus.apache.org:/home/cvs login
     (enter anon password)

Then do:

   cd subversion
   mv apr was_apr
   cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@locus.apache.org:/home/cvs co apr
     /* get the new apr tree */
   rm -rf was_apr   /* only if above successful */

You may notice that above, I don't mention the anonymous CVS
password.  That's because I don't know it. :-)  Someone from the APR
list, please follow up with the anon cvs password asap!...

(Modify those instructions appropriately if you are a Subversion
developer who is also an APR committer, of course.)

Thanks,
-Karl

Re: APR has moved repository, please tweak your working copies...

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 02:48:09AM +0100, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> > > That's both :pserver: and :ext: via ssh, to both apache.org and
> > > locus.apache.org (and I can ssh to locus and have set up my ssh
> > > authorization there).
> >
> > You probably want to use SSH for APR since that will allow you to make
> > changes. The command would look like:
> >
> > cvs -d :ext:brane@apache.org:/home/cvs co apr
> >
> > (assuming you have CVS_RSH set and your authorized_keys set up on locus)
>
>     Is that :ext: really necessary? I use
>     login@apache.org:/home/cvs as root directory and it works
>     just fine.

I believe that it is; I recall esr having problems accessing the Sourceforge
Python CVS repository without that :ext:.

But, hey... Branko can just try both and see which works :-)

(I think the main key is that "anonymous" was the wrong thing for the
 pserver access)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: APR has moved repository, please tweak your working copies...

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Branko Čibej wrote:

> That's exactly what I did. Huh. It must be some weirdness on my
> machine.  Oh yes, I'm doing this from cygwin, maybe that's it? Through
> a  masquerading firewall? But then, why would a normal ssh login work
> fine?
>
> "Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice.

Ah, stupid me. I went and generated a 2k-bit key. Changed that and
things (almost) work now.

    cvs server: Updating apr/include/arch
    cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository `/home/cvs/apr/include/arch': Permission denied
    cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/home/cvs/apr/include/arch'
    cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

--
Brane Čibej
    home:   <br...@xbc.nu>             http://www.xbc.nu/brane/

Re: trouble checking out new APR

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>.
On 27 Nov 2000, Jim Blandy wrote:
> See below; I think I need to be added to the `apr' group on
> apache.org.  Who's the contact point for this kind of stuff?
>
> savonarola:subversion$ cvs -d :ext:jimb@apache.org:/home/cvs co apr
> cvs server: Updating apr
> cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/home/cvs/apr' (/home/cvs/apr/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
> cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/home/cvs/apr'
> cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
> savonarola:subversion$

Doh; I never put you in group "apr", nor in the avail file for CVS.
Thought I did... anyways, you're there now, both places.

	Brian

trouble checking out new APR

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Greg Stein wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 02:27:01AM +0100, Branko Cibej wrote:
>
>> Karl Fogel wrote:
>>
>>> APR has broken out from Apache and moved to its own repository.
>>> Subversion people should do the following:
>>>
>>>    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@locus.apache.org:/home/cvs login
>>>      (enter anon password)
>>

> That should be "anoncvs" rather than "anonymous". And the password is
> "anoncvs" also.

Yeah, I just quoted the original ...

>> [etc.]
>>
>> O.K., so I'm dumb, I admit it.
>>
>>     cvs login: authorization failed: server apache.org rejected access
>>
>> That's both :pserver: and :ext: via ssh, to both apache.org and
>> locus.apache.org (and I can ssh to locus and have set up my ssh
>> authorization there).
>

> You probably want to use SSH for APR since that will allow you to make
> changes. The command would look like:
>
> cvs -d :ext:brane@apache.org:/home/cvs co apr
>
> (assuming you have CVS_RSH set and your authorized_keys set up on locus)

That's exactly what I did. Huh. It must be some weirdness on my machine.
Oh yes, I'm doing this from cygwin, maybe that's it? Through a
masquerading firewall? But then, why would a normal ssh login work fine?

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice.

--
Brane �ibej

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.

Posted by Sascha Schumann <sa...@schumann.cx>.
> > That's both :pserver: and :ext: via ssh, to both apache.org and
> > locus.apache.org (and I can ssh to locus and have set up my ssh
> > authorization there).
>
> You probably want to use SSH for APR since that will allow you to make
> changes. The command would look like:
>
> cvs -d :ext:brane@apache.org:/home/cvs co apr
>
> (assuming you have CVS_RSH set and your authorized_keys set up on locus)

    Is that :ext: really necessary? I use
    login@apache.org:/home/cvs as root directory and it works
    just fine.

    - Sascha

Re: APR has moved repository, please tweak your working copies...

Posted by Sascha Schumann <sa...@schumann.cx>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Karl Fogel wrote:

> APR has broken out from Apache and moved to its own repository.
> Subversion people should do the following:
>
>    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@locus.apache.org:/home/cvs login
>      (enter anon password)

[etc.]

O.K., so I'm dumb, I admit it.

    cvs login: authorization failed: server apache.org rejected access

That's both :pserver: and :ext: via ssh, to both apache.org and
locus.apache.org (and I can ssh to locus and have set up my ssh
authorization there).

Any ideas?

--
Brane �ibej

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 02:02:41PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Karl Fogel wrote:
>
> > APR has broken out from Apache and moved to its own repository.
> > Subversion people should do the following:
> >
> >    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@locus.apache.org:/home/cvs login
> >      (enter anon password)
> >
> > Then do:
> >
> >    cd subversion
> >    mv apr was_apr
> >    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@locus.apache.org:/home/cvs co apr
> >      /* get the new apr tree */
> >    rm -rf was_apr   /* only if above successful */
> >
> > You may notice that above, I don't mention the anonymous CVS
> > password.  That's because I don't know it. :-)  Someone from the APR
> > list, please follow up with the anon cvs password asap!...
> >
> > (Modify those instructions appropriately if you are a Subversion
> > developer who is also an APR committer, of course.)
>
> I didn't realize you guys needed anonymous CVS access.  I'll get that
> working ASAP.

"We" don't, but Apache and Subversion users will need anon access.

This shouldn't be any different than anon access for Apache itself. In other
words, just follow the instructiosn in autogen.sh (anoncvs / anoncvs).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: APR has moved repository, please tweak your working copies...

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net>.
rbb@covalent.net writes:
> I didn't realize you guys needed anonymous CVS access.  I'll get that
> working ASAP.

Thanks!

Folks: Jeff Trawick says the password will be `anoncvs'.

-K

Re: APR has moved repository, please tweak your working copies...

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net>.

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Karl Fogel wrote:

> APR has broken out from Apache and moved to its own repository.
> Subversion people should do the following:
>
>    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@locus.apache.org:/home/cvs login
>      (enter anon password)
>
> Then do:
>
>    cd subversion
>    mv apr was_apr
>    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@locus.apache.org:/home/cvs co apr
>      /* get the new apr tree */
>    rm -rf was_apr   /* only if above successful */
>
> You may notice that above, I don't mention the anonymous CVS
> password.  That's because I don't know it. :-)  Someone from the APR
> list, please follow up with the anon cvs password asap!...
>
> (Modify those instructions appropriately if you are a Subversion
> developer who is also an APR committer, of course.)

I didn't realize you guys needed anonymous CVS access.  I'll get that
working ASAP.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: APR has moved repository, please tweak your working copies...

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net>.
Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net> writes:
> s/locus//; no need to get the machine's raw name embedded in a bunch of
> configs.  e.g.
>
>    cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@apache.org:/home/cvs login

Thanks.

But what's the password? :-)

-K

Re: APR has moved repository, please tweak your working copies...

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net>.

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>.

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>.