Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by John Gentilin <ge...@eyecatching.com> on 2002/10/23 23:14:50 UTC

Feature Request: font-dir

I am currently working on a project where FOP is embedded
in my Servlet and I have got to say it all works really slick.

One of the issues I ran into was keeping a balance between
where I kept my XML/XSL Files and the XML Font files.
I think it would of been much cleaner / easier  if I could of
specified  two directories, BaseDir and FontDir. If backwards
compatibility  is an  issue, the FontInfo class could fallback from
FontDir to BaseDir.

My $.02

Regards
John G
--
--------------------------------------
John Gentilin

    Contact Info
gentijo@eyecatching.com
Ca Office 1-510-881-4821
NJ Office 1-732-422-4917

Re: Feature Request: font-dir

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Ah, found you. I've implemented this in CVS. Instead of "baseDir" you
can now use "fontBaseDir" to specify a separate directory/URL. And as
you suggested I've implemented a fallback to baseDir.

On 23.10.2002 23:14:50 John Gentilin wrote:
> I am currently working on a project where FOP is embedded
> in my Servlet and I have got to say it all works really slick.
>
> One of the issues I ran into was keeping a balance between
> where I kept my XML/XSL Files and the XML Font files.
> I think it would of been much cleaner / easier  if I could of
> specified  two directories, BaseDir and FontDir. If backwards
> compatibility  is an  issue, the FontInfo class could fallback from
> FontDir to BaseDir.
>
> My $.02

Jeremias Maerki