Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2010/03/23 03:43:33 UTC

removing old staging directories?

In the release docs [1], there is nothing about removing the staged documentation directory after it is completed. This means we have a lot of versioned directories of plugin sites, but they are never linked to. Should they be removed?

Perhaps it would be better if the staging was done to /www/people.apache.org/builds/maven/sites instead?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: removing old staging directories?

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
Since they aren't linked anywhere, they are essentially invisible and
really only helpful to those few devs around here who know they exist.
(Those who really need them least)

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2010-03-23 03:43, Brett Porter wrote:
> In the release docs [1], there is nothing about removing the staged documentation directory after it is completed. This means we have a lot of versioned directories of plugin sites, but they are never linked to. Should they be removed?

+1

> Perhaps it would be better if the staging was done to /www/people.apache.org/builds/maven/sites instead?

+1

> - Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/

Dennis Lundberg

Re: removing old staging directories?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2010/3/23 Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:
> In the release docs [1], there is nothing about removing the staged documentation directory after it is completed. This means we have a lot of versioned directories of plugin sites, but they are never linked to. Should they be removed?

IMHO yes

> Perhaps it would be better if the staging was done to /www/people.apache.org/builds/maven/sites instead?

+1 (cleanup will be easier)

> - Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter