Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robin Wyles <ro...@robinwyles.com> on 2005/03/01 12:48:23 UTC

Building with Maven & xpatch Ant Task

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up Maven to build my cocoon
applications. Using
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/HowToBuildAndDeployCocoonWithMaven - all
works smoothly.

Now I would like to integrate my cocoon.xconf patches into the Maven
build and so have attempted to follow Ralph Goers' methods outlined in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=110127493922331&w=2.

I have created a jar from the $COCOON_HOME/tools/src/anttasks folder
and added this to my local Maven repository and declared the jar as a
dependency for my project. With this is in place I run the build and
get:

taskdef class XConfToolTask cannot be found
	at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Definer.addDefinition(Definer.java:236)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Definer.execute(Definer.java:162)
	[...]

OK, I assume that perhaps the XConfToolTask class is missing some jar
dependencies, so I add the xml-apis.jar and the xalan-xxx.jar as a
dependency to my Maven project. These jars are added OK, but I still
get the same error. Can anyone who has managed to get this working
(Ralph?) shed any light on what jars I need to add to my project to get
this to run, assuming this is the actual problem?

I notice that Maven still uses Ant 1.5.3 (I think) whereas Cocoon uses
a newer version - might this be the problem?

Thanks,

Robin