Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by fadi qutaishat <fa...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/11 13:25:39 UTC

Using MySQL database

Hi,

I am about using MySQL database in Cocoon, My question is, are there any configurations should I do before using the MySQL DB?

I am using the Cocoon version 2.0.4

Many thanks,

Fadi

AW: Using MySQL database

Posted by José Ferreiro - TSSAG <jo...@tssag.com>.
Hi fadi,

Those links should help you to learn more about DB using Cocoon as
framework.

 <http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/datasources.html>
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/datasources.html (introduction
about DBs)

more detailed information about drivers here:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/DatabaseConnectionOverview

and specific explanations for your mysql driver here (connection,
installing, settings…):

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/MySQL

Good luck

Best wishes and regards

     /JF

I am about using MySQL database in Cocoon, My question is, are there any
configurations should I do before using the MySQL DB?

I am using the Cocoon version 2.0.4

Many thanks,

Fadi
  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Easier than ever with enhanced search. Learn
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=29916/*http:/info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250>
more.

Re: Using MySQL database

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, fadi qutaishat wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am about using MySQL database in Cocoon, My question is, are there any configurations should I do before using the MySQL DB?

you need just a driver and the right connection string

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/SpecificDatabaseConnectionNew

> I am using the Cocoon version 2.0.4

why not 2.1? (2.1.6)

--stavros