Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org> on 2018/10/17 17:21:01 UTC

[Performance WG] Meeting today

Hi folks,

I didn't get a chance to send out an agenda for this meeting, and it looks
like only Chun-Hung joined, so let's just do this over email instead.

Since the last meeting, we landed the copy-on-write Resources optimization
and we landed the fixes to sorter performance. The blog post highlighting
the 1.7.x performance improvements was published as well, take a look!

https://twitter.com/ApacheMesos/status/1049740950359044096

Some recent performance findings:

Docker containerizer actor can get backlogged with large number of
containers:

/stateSummary spends time (unnecessarily) coalescing ranges:

Priority wise, assessing v1 scheduler and operator API performance would be
the best use of time IMHO. If anyone wants to help out here it would be
most welcome.

Ben