Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "C. Schlegelmilch" <c_...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/19 21:23:11 UTC

Tomcat Spontaneously Restarting System

Hello all,

I'm teaching a web development class and have the
class develop their apps with Tomcat v3.2.3
Stand-alone on win2k and have been having problems
with it restarting the odd system with the first
request to localhost:8080 after startup (I've had the
same problem with 4.0b7 as well).  There have been no
problems with running on win98.

I've shutdown all personal firewall software as well
as any anti-virus software running in the background.
This seems to reduce the frequency of these
spontaneous restarts but it still seems to happen on
the odd machine.

Has anybody else had this problem?  I'm hoping there
is an obvious solution that I've been too oblivious to
see.

Thanks,

Craig