Posted to dev@kyuubi.apache.org by Fei Wang <fe...@apache.org> on 2021/11/25 15:40:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Kyuubi v1.4.0-incubating RC1

Hello Apache Kyuubi PPMC and Community,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as
Apache Kyuubi (Incubating) version v1.4.0-incubating.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Kyuubi v1.4.0-incubating
[ ] +0

To learn more about Apache Kyuubi (Incubating), please see
https://kyuubi.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v1.4.0-incubating-rc1 (commit afeff68):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/tree/v1.4.0-incubating-rc1

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/kyuubi/v1.4.0-incubating-rc1/

Signatures used for Kyuubi RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/kyuubi/KEYS

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekyuubi-1013/

This release is using the release script of the tag v1.4.0-incubating-rc1.

=================================
How can I help test this release?
=================================

If you are a Kyuubi user, you can help us test this release by taking
an existing Kyuubi workload and running on this release candidate, then
reporting any regressions.

In the Java/Scala, you can add the staging repository to your projects
resolvers
and test with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after
so
you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward).

What should happen to GitHub issues still targeting v1.4.0-incubating?

Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug fixes,
documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should be worked on
immediately. Everything else please retarget to an appropriate release.

=======================
But my bug isn't fixed?
=======================

In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the release
unless
the bug in question is a regression from the previous release. That being
said,
if there is something which is a regression that has not been correctly
targeted
please ping me or a committer to help target the issue.

Thanks,
Fei Wang

Re:[VOTE] Release Apache Kyuubi v1.4.0-incubating RC1

Posted by hongdd <jn...@163.com>.
+1

- Built from source success

- All test passed

- Tested locally

Thanks,
hongdd

Posted by Fei Wang <fe...@apache.org>.
Hi community,

Thanks all who join the email thread and help vote.

To refactor the kyuubi distribution binary, I plan to raise a new vote thread for v1.4.0-incubating RC2 later.

Best Regards,
Fei Wang

Posted by Fu Chen <cf...@gmail.com>.
+1