Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org> on 2006/05/09 22:15:28 UTC

limit child process

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out where/how to limit the number of SA's  child
processes -

The Perl has been killing swap space, I *believe* this would remedy my
situation.

Is this the appropriate list, or should I refer to  FreeBSD list?

tia

Jean-Paul Natola
Network Administrator
Information Technology
Family Care International
588 Broadway Suite 503
New York, NY 10012
Phone:212-941-5300 xt 36
Fax:  212-941-5563
Mailto: Jnatola@Familycareintl.org

Re: limit child process

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to figure out where/how to limit the number of SA's  child
> processes -
>
> The Perl has been killing swap space, I *believe* this would remedy my
> situation.
>
> Is this the appropriate list, or should I refer to  FreeBSD list?

This is the appropriate list.

How, exactly, are you calling SA?

Normally folks use spamc/spamd. In which case, spamd by default limits it's own
instances. Spamcs are light-weight, being simple C programs.

If you're just calling "spamassassin" from a procmail script, set things up so
spamd gets loaded at boot time and start calling spamc from your procmail instead.