Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by _Seb_ <sc...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/22 10:39:25 UTC

Webapps outside webapps directory cannot access shared/classes

Hi,

I have several webapps that need to access a shared properties configuration
file. To do so I put this file in shared/classes. I works well, I don't know
if this the right way to do, if you have better ways to do so you can tell
them to me.

Now I have to conditionnaly launch my webapps at tomcat startup. To do so, I
put my webapps outside of webapps dir and launch them with a context file in
conf/Catalina/localhost. Then if I don't want to launch a webapp I rename
the myContext.xml into myContext.bak. For this too I don't know if there is
a better way, so I there is one ...

My current problem is that when I launch my webapps like this they cannot
access shared/classes. I retrieve my configuration file with
getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream. When my webapps was in the webapps dir
this worked but now that I launch them with a context file it does not. If I
put my files in common/classes it works but before moving them I would like
to know if this behavior is normal or if this is a bug

Thanx

Seb