Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2009/08/21 16:12:14 UTC

Multiple Realms - default AuthenticationStrategy (PAM behavior)

In a multi-realm authentication (PAM) scenarios, Shiro's default has
always been to employ an AllSuccessful authentication strategy,
meaning every single realm that is configured must process an
AuthenticationToken successfully for the overall login attempt to be
considered successful.

In the majority of apps I've encountered, this is rarely the desired
strategy.  People usually want to try multiple realms, and, if at
least one is successful, then consider the attempt successful.  By the
number of questions on the Grails user list related to enabling this
strategy, it seems to confirm my beliefs.

I'd like to change the default strategy to be AtLeastOneSuccessful
strategy, which would enable this behavior as the default moving
forward.  Any objections to me changing this?

Thanks,

Les

Re: Multiple Realms - default AuthenticationStrategy (PAM behavior)

Posted by Bradley Beddoes <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Peter Ledbrook <pe...@cacoethes.co.uk>.