Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/06/03 16:57:58 UTC

[VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

This is a vote to pick the logo for Apache OpenOffice 4.0.  This is
the next step in a a multi-month long process that saw over 40 logos
submitted, weeks of discussion, several iterations of refinement, and
a poll of over 5000 users.

Voters are asked to indicate their top 5 choices, with the 1st Choice
being the one that you prefer the most, the 2nd choice being your
alternate preference, etc.  The votes will be scored using the
Instant Run-Off  Voting procedure [1].

Please use enter your preferences using logo names from one of the
following sources:

A)  The logos that were refined by their designers after the logo survey:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Stage+2+Logo+Refinement

B) The table of all logos used in the survey:

http://survey.openoffice.org/reports/aoo40-logo-poll/

C) A URL to any other logo that you prefer

D) The string "none of the above" if you prefer not to change the logo
at all from what we have in AOO 3.4.1.

For example, a voter might vote:

1st Choice: Kevin Grignon B

2nd Choice: Chris Rottensteiner

3rd Choice:  Logo-37

4th Choice: "none of the above"

5th Choice: http://www.robweir.com/blog/images/s1097.png

The vote will run for 72-hours, until 1100 EDT on June 6th.

Everyone is welcome to vote, though only PMC votes are binding.

Regards,

-Rob

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting

HERE IS THE BALLOT:

My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:

1st Choice:

2nd Choice:

3rd Choice:

4th Choice:

5th Choice:

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 6/6/13 3:16 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> PMC binding
>>
>> 1st Choice: Chris Rottensteiner
>> 2nd Choice: Our current logo
>> 3rd Choice: Chris Rottensteiner
>> 4th Choice: Our current logo
>> 5th Choice: Chris Rottensteiner
>>

> Hi Juergen,
>
> The vote calls for a ranked list of your preferred logos.  So you
> cannot repeat logos.  The Instant Runoff Voting procedure works by
> eliminating the lowest-scoring candidate in each round, and then
> promoting the alternative choice for any voter whose initial choice
> was eliminated.   So your ballot would essentially be treated as:
>
>> 1st Choice: Chris Rottensteiner
>> 2nd Choice: Our current logo
>> 3rd Choice:
>> 4th Choice:
>> 5th Choice:

sorry for that

1st Choice: Chris Rottensteiner
2nd Choice: Our current logo
3rd Choice: Samer Mansour"
4th Choice: Kevin Grignon A with the orb from Chris
5th Choice: Kevin Grignon A

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
PMC binding

Posted by Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com>.
On 6/3/2013 7:57 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> This is a vote to pick the logo for Apache OpenOffice 4.0.  This is
> the next step in a a multi-month long process that saw over 40 logos
> submitted, weeks of discussion, several iterations of refinement, and
> a poll of over 5000 users.
>
> Voters are asked to indicate their top 5 choices, with the 1st Choice
> being the one that you prefer the most, the 2nd choice being your
> alternate preference, etc.  The votes will be scored using the
> Instant Run-Off  Voting procedure [1].
>
> Please use enter your preferences using logo names from one of the
> following sources:
>
> A)  The logos that were refined by their designers after the logo survey:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Stage+2+Logo+Refinement
>
> B) The table of all logos used in the survey:
>
> http://survey.openoffice.org/reports/aoo40-logo-poll/
>
> C) A URL to any other logo that you prefer
>
> D) The string "none of the above" if you prefer not to change the logo
> at all from what we have in AOO 3.4.1.
>
> For example, a voter might vote:
>
> 1st Choice: Kevin Grignon B
>
> 2nd Choice: Chris Rottensteiner
>
> 3rd Choice:  Logo-37
>
> 4th Choice: "none of the above"
>
> 5th Choice: http://www.robweir.com/blog/images/s1097.png
>
> The vote will run for 72-hours, until 1100 EDT on June 6th.
>
> Everyone is welcome to vote, though only PMC votes are binding.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting

> HERE IS THE BALLOT:
>
> My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:
>
> 1st Choice:
>
> *Samer Mansour*
>
> 2nd Choice:
>
> *Chris Rottensteiner*
>
> 3rd Choice:

*Kevin Grignon A*

> 4th Choice:
no change

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> This is a vote to pick the logo for Apache OpenOffice 4.0.  This is
> the next step in a a multi-month long process that saw over 40 logos
> submitted, weeks of discussion, several iterations of refinement, and
> a poll of over 5000 users.
>
> Voters are asked to indicate their top 5 choices, with the 1st Choice
> being the one that you prefer the most, the 2nd choice being your
> alternate preference, etc.  The votes will be scored using the
> Instant Run-Off  Voting procedure [1].
>
> Please use enter your preferences using logo names from one of the
> following sources:
>
> A)  The logos that were refined by their designers after the logo survey:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Stage+2+Logo+Refinement
>
> B) The table of all logos used in the survey:
>
> http://survey.openoffice.org/reports/aoo40-logo-poll/
>
> C) A URL to any other logo that you prefer
>
> D) The string "none of the above" if you prefer not to change the logo
> at all from what we have in AOO 3.4.1.
>
> For example, a voter might vote:
>
> 1st Choice: Kevin Grignon B
>
> 2nd Choice: Chris Rottensteiner
>
> 3rd Choice:  Logo-37
>
> 4th Choice: "none of the above"
>
> 5th Choice: http://www.robweir.com/blog/images/s1097.png
>
> The vote will run for 72-hours, until 1100 EDT on June 6th.
>
> Everyone is welcome to vote, though only PMC votes are binding.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting

PMC/binding

> HERE IS THE BALLOT:
>
> My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:
>
> 1st Choice: Logo-28
>
> 2nd Choice: Logo-31
>
> 3rd Choice: Kevin Grignon B
>
> 4th Choice: Chris Rottensteiner
>
> 5th Choice: "none of the above"

My comments with some very preliminary testing: the VERY LIGHT gray
"Apache" in any form doesn't scale well going smaller.  The very thin
letters also don't scale well going smaller.

MzK

"You can't believe one thing and do another.
 What you believe and what you do are the same thing."
                             -- Leonard Peltier

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.
My choice:

1st Choice: "Chris Rottensteiner"

2nd Choice: "Samer Mansour"

3rd Choice: "Kevin Grignon A" with "sober" gulls (orb from "Chris
Rottensteiner")

4th Choice: old logo

5th Choice: "none of the above"

-Andre

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Rob Weir schrieb:
> This is a vote to pick the logo for Apache OpenOffice 4.0.  This is
> the next step in a a multi-month long process that saw over 40 logos
> submitted, weeks of discussion, several iterations of refinement, and
> a poll of over 5000 users.
>
> Voters are asked to indicate their top 5 choices, with the 1st Choice
> being the one that you prefer the most, the 2nd choice being your
> alternate preference, etc.  The votes will be scored using the
> Instant Run-Off  Voting procedure [1].
>
> Please use enter your preferences using logo names from one of the
> following sources:
>
> A)  The logos that were refined by their designers after the logo survey:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Stage+2+Logo+Refinement
>
> B) The table of all logos used in the survey:
>
> http://survey.openoffice.org/reports/aoo40-logo-poll/
>
> C) A URL to any other logo that you prefer
>
> D) The string "none of the above" if you prefer not to change the logo
> at all from what we have in AOO 3.4.1.
>
> For example, a voter might vote:
>
> 1st Choice: Kevin Grignon B
>
> 2nd Choice: Chris Rottensteiner
>
> 3rd Choice:  Logo-37
>
> 4th Choice: "none of the above"
>
> 5th Choice: http://www.robweir.com/blog/images/s1097.png
>
> The vote will run for 72-hours, until 1100 EDT on June 6th.
>
> Everyone is welcome to vote, though only PMC votes are binding.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting

  HERE IS THE BALLOT:

  My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:

  1st Choice: "non of the above"

  2nd Choice: Chris Rottensteiner

  3rd Choice: Logo-39

  4th Choice: Logo-28

  5th Choice:

Kind regards
Regina

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by Guenter Marxen <gu...@googlemail.com>.

> HERE IS THE BALLOT:
>
> My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:
>
> 1st Choice:
       - the gulls from Kevin
       - the fonts, font attributes and "text positions" of the old logo

--
Grüße

Günter Marxen

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
Chris Rottensteiner

HERE IS THE BALLOT:

My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:

1st Choice: None of the above

2nd Choice: Logo-04

3rd Choice: Logo-34

4th Choice: Logo-36

5th Choice: Logo-26

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/6/3 Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>

> This is a vote to pick the logo for Apache OpenOffice 4.0.  This is
> the next step in a a multi-month long process that saw over 40 logos
> submitted, weeks of discussion, several iterations of refinement, and
> a poll of over 5000 users.
>
> Voters are asked to indicate their top 5 choices, with the 1st Choice
> being the one that you prefer the most, the 2nd choice being your
> alternate preference, etc.  The votes will be scored using the
> Instant Run-Off  Voting procedure [1].
>
> Please use enter your preferences using logo names from one of the
> following sources:
>
> A)  The logos that were refined by their designers after the logo survey:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Stage+2+Logo+Refinement
>
> B) The table of all logos used in the survey:
>
> http://survey.openoffice.org/reports/aoo40-logo-poll/
>
> C) A URL to any other logo that you prefer
>
> D) The string "none of the above" if you prefer not to change the logo
> at all from what we have in AOO 3.4.1.
>
> For example, a voter might vote:
>
> 1st Choice: Kevin Grignon B
>
> 2nd Choice: Chris Rottensteiner
>
> 3rd Choice:  Logo-37
>
> 4th Choice: "none of the above"
>
> 5th Choice: http://www.robweir.com/blog/images/s1097.png
>
> The vote will run for 72-hours, until 1100 EDT on June 6th.
>
> Everyone is welcome to vote, though only PMC votes are binding.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting

> HERE IS THE BALLOT:
>
> My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:
>
> 1st Choice:
>
> 2nd Choice:
>
> 3rd Choice:
>
> 4th Choice:
>
> 5th Choice:

1st Choice: Non of the above (still prefer the current one)

2nd Choice: *Samer Mansour*

3rd Choice: *Chris Rottensteiner*

4th Choice: *Kevin Grignon A*

5th Choice: *Kevin Grignon B*

Regards
Ricardo

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

> My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:
>
> 1st Choice: Chris Rottensteiner
>
> 2nd Choice: Samer Mansour
>
> 3rd Choice: the current logo
>
> 4th Choice: -
>
> 5th Choice: -

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by Donald Whytock <dw...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> Everyone is welcome to vote, though only PMC votes are binding.

My non-binding vote...Of the choices offered, putting Kevin's edgier birds
toward the bottom and Chris' bolder font toward the top.  Chris' looks the
most scalably workable, equally attractive on books, CD covers, websites
and convention banners.

My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:

1st Choice: Chris Rottensteiner

2nd Choice: Samer Mansour

3rd Choice: "none of the above"

4th Choice: Kevin Grignon A

5th Choice: Kevin Grignon B

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:

1st Choice: Kevin Grignon A
2nd Choice: Kevin Grignon B
3th Choice: Survey Logo 11
4rd Choice: Samer Mansour
5th Choice: Chris Rottensteiner

Herbert

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 03/06/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
 > HERE IS THE BALLOT:

My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:

1st Choice: Chris R.

2nd Choice: Samer

3rd Choice: "none of the above" (keep current logo)

4th Choice: Kevin A

5th Choice: Kevin B

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by My Yong Lin <ma...@gmail.com>.
PMC

My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:

1st Choice: Current Logo
2nd Choice: Chris Rottensteiner
3nd Choice: Kevin Grignon A

Regards

Sent from iPad

在 2013年6月6日,下午6:35,Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com> 写道:

Posted by Kazunari Hirano <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Here are my choices.

1st Choice: Current Logo

2nd Choice: Kevin Grignon A

3rd Choice: Chris Rottensteiner

4th Choice: Samer Mansour

5th Choice: Kevin Grignon B

Thanks,
khirano

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 11:57 PM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> This is a vote to pick the logo for Apache OpenOffice 4.0.  This is
> the next step in a a multi-month long process that saw over 40 logos
> submitted, weeks of discussion, several iterations of refinement, and
> a poll of over 5000 users.
>
> Voters are asked to indicate their top 5 choices, with the 1st Choice
> being the one that you prefer the most, the 2nd choice being your
> alternate preference, etc.  The votes will be scored using the
> Instant Run-Off  Voting procedure [1].
>
> Please use enter your preferences using logo names from one of the
> following sources:
>
> A)  The logos that were refined by their designers after the logo survey:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Stage+2+Logo+Refinement
>
> B) The table of all logos used in the survey:
>
> http://survey.openoffice.org/reports/aoo40-logo-poll/
>
> C) A URL to any other logo that you prefer
>
> D) The string "none of the above" if you prefer not to change the logo
> at all from what we have in AOO 3.4.1.
>
> For example, a voter might vote:
>
> 1st Choice: Kevin Grignon B
>
> 2nd Choice: Chris Rottensteiner
>
> 3rd Choice:  Logo-37
>
> 4th Choice: "none of the above"
>
> 5th Choice: http://www.robweir.com/blog/images/s1097.png
>
> The vote will run for 72-hours, until 1100 EDT on June 6th.
>
> Everyone is welcome to vote, though only PMC votes are binding.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting

> HERE IS THE BALLOT:
>
> My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:
>
> 1st Choice:
>
> 2nd Choice:
>
> 3rd Choice:
>
> 4th Choice:
>
> 5th Choice:

khirano@apache.org
Apache OpenOffice
http://openoffice.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
PMC/Binding

Posted by Peter Junge <pe...@gmx.org>.

Posted by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>.
HERE IS THE BALLOT:

My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:

1st Choice: Logo-33

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 10:57:58AM -0400, Rob Weir wrote:

> HERE IS THE BALLOT:

My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:

1st Choice: current logo

2nd Choice:

3rd Choice:

4th Choice:

5th Choice:

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com>.
My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:

1st Choice: Our old logo (not sure if I can vothe this?)
2nd Choice: *Chris Rottensteiner*
3th Choice: *Samer Mansour*
4th Choice: *Kevin Grignon B*
5th Choice: *Kevin Grignon A

*Sincerely,
     Armin
--
ALG

RE: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by or...@apache.org.

HERE IS THE BALLOT:

My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:

1st Choice: Chris Rottensteiner Stage 2 Logo Refinement with bold "Apache" (same grey as Mansour)

2nd Choice: Chris Rottensteiner Stage 2 Logo Refinement

3rd Choice: Samer Mansour Stage 2 Logo Refinement

Posted by Michal Hriň <mi...@aol.com>.

Posted by Dave Barton <db...@tasit.net>.
>> Please use enter your preferences using logo names from one of the
>> following sources:

My ranked preferences for the AOO 4.0 logo are:
1st Choice: Our current logo

Re: [VOTE] Logo selection for Apache OpenOffice 4.0

Posted by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>.