Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/27 01:17:01 UTC

Creating vhosts dynamically in Java broker

Hi,

Can I create virtual hosts dynamically in the Java broker?.
ApplicationRegistry.createVirtualHost would do?.

Thanks,
Danushka

Re: Creating vhosts dynamically in Java broker

Posted by Thushara Peths <tp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.

> From what I understood, the primary reason Danushka is looking to have a
> virtual host per tenant is for access control.
> Is that correct ?

Plus object distinction.

For an example, users in different tenants should be able to create a
destination with the same name but they should have distinct names in the
broker. So tenant T1 and T2 should be able to create queue Q so that they
have distinct names in the broker. (say T1-Q and T2-Q)

> That is each tenant has a unique id/prefix/name and all exchanges and
> queues setup for them can use this prefix.

Rajith, will this help the scenario that I have mentioned above?. If so then
I am through :-). Thank you!.

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
>From what I understood, the primary reason Danushka is looking to have a
virtual host per tenant is for access control.
Is that correct ?

If thats the case, one workaround that I can think of is to just have one
virtualhost and use namespaces for partitioning your exchanges and queues
and set the ACL's based on that. That is each tenant has a unique
id/prefix/name and all exchanges and queues setup for them can use this
prefix.

I really don't think that not being able to create virtual hosts dynamically
is a blocker.
I also don't think virtual hosts is particularly a useful feature either. I
don't think it really adds any value. YMMV.
The C++ broker does not even support it.

Regards,

Rajith

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Danushka Menikkumbura <

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robbie,

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.