Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2010/04/09 00:11:33 UTC

Re: Apache mentoring programme

Hi Marcel,

The code awards list that Jaliya forwarded your mail to is an internal
ASF list for managing our engagement with Google Summer of Code.

The public list for discussion of our mentoring programme is
dev@community.apache.org, I've copied this mail to that list).

Our mentoring programme is not fully operational at this time, we intend
to launch it once the Google Summer of Code is underway (a few months yet).

However, you can find out more information about the programme and how
we imagine it will work at
http://community.apache.org/mentoringprogramme.html

You'll see you've taken the first step already with this mail.

Take a look at the documentation and ask any further questions on the
dev@community.apache.org mailing list (subscribe frist with a mail to
dev-subscribe@community.apache.org

We're about to get very busy with student selection for GSoC, once the
big rush is out of the way we'll come back to your case. In the meantime
your best action is to get on the Axis mailing lists and discuss your
project proposal with the team there.

Ross

Posted by ma...@uni-due.de.
> On 4/8/2010 3:11 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> However, you can find out more information about the programme and how
>> we imagine it will work at
>> http://community.apache.org/mentoringprogramme.html
>>
> I think also Marcel you should approach the Axis2 development community
> directly  with your idea http://ws.apache.org/axis2/mail-lists.html and
> try to find a mentor to either start mentoring you informally or if that
> mentor wants to participate in helping us get the formal program report
> back here and we can do something semi-formal like I have with  someone
> interested in the program with Derby.

Hello Kathey,
thanks for the reply. I subscribed to the Axis2 list and posted my
poposal. If I found a mentor and after we worked out the project details,
I will get back to you to take further action.

Thanks,
Marcel

Re: Apache mentoring programme

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.