Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jamie D <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/21 06:20:50 UTC

svn+ssh error

Hi,

I'm trying to setup and access a subversion repository via svn+ssh but
I'm getting errors when I try to connect to the server. So far I have:

- installed subversion on the server
- used svnadmin to create a repository
- imported a test file on the server

On my local machine I tried running the command:

svn list svn+ssh://useer@domain.com/home/user/subversion/repos/

and I get the message "stdin: is not a tty" returned after entering my
password. Is there something I need to do on the server with svnserve?
or on my local machine? I have only used subversion over webdav before
which was pretty easy to configure and get working.

Any help much appreciated.

Jamie

Re: svn+ssh error

Posted by Vincent Lefevre <vi...@vinc17.org>.
On 2006-06-21 03:38:35 -0700, Jamie D wrote:
> Ahh, I just noticed something extra, the command does actually work,
> but I have to type in my password twice and I get the two error
> messages. Before I was hitting Ctrl+C after the first message. This is
> the full output I get:
>
> user@server.co.uk's password:
> stdin: is not a tty
> user@server.co.uk's password:
> stdin: is not a tty
> test
>
> "test" is the test file I imported to the repository. Any ideas why I
> am getting the "stdin: is not a tty" message and [...]?

Check your rc files. I had a similar problem in the past, because I
call the tput command from my .zshenv file (to set some environment
variable). I was wondering where the error message came from as I
just got:

No value for $TERM and no -T specified

Then I reported the bug, and now it is clear:

tput: No value for $TERM and no -T specified

If this is a command like here, you can redirect stderr to /dev/null.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vi...@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>

Re: svn+ssh error

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 21, 2006, at 12:38, Jamie D wrote:

> Ahh, I just noticed something extra, the command does actually work,
> but I have to type in my password twice and I get the two error
> messages. Before I was hitting Ctrl+C after the first message. This is
> the full output I get:
>
> user@server.co.uk's password:
> stdin: is not a tty
> user@server.co.uk's password:
> stdin: is not a tty
> test
>
> "test" is the test file I imported to the repository. Any ideas why I
> am getting the "stdin: is not a tty" message and I am prompted to
> enter my password twice?

Multiple password prompts are normal, I understand; see this FAQ
entry for how to work around that:

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#ssh-auth-cache

The "stdin: is not a tty" message is new to me and I don't know what
to do about it. Have you Googled for it? I found this; maybe it's
relevant:

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-07/1381.shtml

Re: svn+ssh error

Posted by Jamie D <ja...@gmail.com>.