Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Tomba Rakesh <to...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/24 06:59:31 UTC

Add portlet to a page by normal user. HELP!

Hi All

By default in Jetspeed2, normal user could not add portlet even though thay have the permission to edit the page. How to make it possible for the normal user so that they could add only authorized portlets.

Regards
Rakesh

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Add portlet to a page by normal user. HELP!

Posted by Tomba Rakesh <to...@yahoo.com>.
Hi to all

With a little modification on UserPortletSelector.claas (jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9\webapps\pam\WEB-INF\classes\org\apache\jetspeed\portlets\selector\UserPortletSelector.claas) portlets can be filtered. So I create a new class file for portlet selector as myparm.MyUserPortletSelector and doing all necessary steps.

On clicking the select icon(link to add portlet), this portlet will pop up on different window. The popup window does not show the list of portlets, but when I refresh the page it list all the portlets. Modified
Q 1. How to solve this problem?
Q 2. When I click the "select icon(link to add portlet)", log file shows the following error. Even though there is ClassCastException exception it works fine. How to resolve this?
java.lang.ClassCastException
        at org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.selector.PortletIterator.compare(PortletIterator.java:43)
        at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Arrays.java:1278)
        at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Arrays.java:1289)
        at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:1219)
        at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:155)
        at org.apache.portals.gems.browser.DatabaseBrowserIterator.sort(DatabaseBrowserIterator.java:227)
        at myparm.MyUserPortletSelector.getRows(MyUserPortletSelector.java:183)
        at myparm.MyUserPortletSelector.getRows(MyUserPortletSelector.java:105)
        at org.apache.portals.gems.browser.BrowserPortlet.doView(BrowserPortlet.java:188)
        at myparm.MyUserPortletSelector.doView(MyUserPortletSelector.java:81)
        at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:247)
        at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:175)
        at org.apache.portals.bridges.velocity.GenericVelocityPortlet.render(GenericVelocityPortlet.java:163)

Regards
Rakesh