Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Aj Gregory <aj...@u.washington.edu> on 2006/02/10 01:38:18 UTC

Tacos & Tapestry Portlets?

Is it true that you can't use Tacos AjaxDirectLink with portlets since
getAbsoluteURL isn't supported?  Is there a work around?

-Thanks
-Aj

Re: Tacos & Tapestry Portlets?

Posted by an...@di.uoa.gr.
Hi, I had done some similar tests a month ago.

>From  Aj Gregory <aj...@u.washington.edu>:

> Is it true that you can't use Tacos AjaxDirectLink with portlets since
> getAbsoluteURL isn't supported?

Yes, that was the case. Three days ago I refactored AjaxDirectLink,
and it no longer uses getAbsoluteURL. Will have to check which other
components use it.

> Is there a work around?

Back then, i had tried patching tacos to use getURL instead of
getAbsoluteURL. But then I came across the other problem:
request.getHeader(...) is also unsupported in portlets, and it is
currently needed by the AjaxDirectService. The headers are set
in the incoming request by dojo (or perhaps tacos.js) - I do not know
if theres another way to pass such info.

Anyway, i commented out those lines (just to see what happens)
and they run ok - but of course with no ajax functionality at all.
The best I could get (with portlets and tacos) was having a
javascript-disabled similar experience.

PS. I ve added these details in an old bug report - bug6 or bug7
or something, but i cant find a link to it. And only bugs from 10
and on are shown on the bugtracker. Any way to get to those old
entries?