Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org> on 2016/02/29 19:32:11 UTC

Please give a once-over on the JIRA migration

Hi devs,
I'm working with the admins of issues.cloudera.org to add an HTTP redirect
for the Kudu project to issues.apache.org, but I want to make sure we have
caught and corrected any migration issues before we put the redirect into
place. Please take a moment to look at a few of your favorite issues on
https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/KUDU vs
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KUDU and let me know if you think
anything was missed in the migration. I'm planning on ask them to activate
the redirect tomorrow.

Thanks!
Mike

Re: Please give a once-over on the JIRA migration

Posted by Adar Dembo <ad...@cloudera.com>.
I did a spot check of some of the umbrella JIRAs I filed in the past and
they seem OK on the Apache JIRA.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
Sorry to resurrect this old thread. Just wanted to follow up and say the
above things have been fixed. The INFRA JIRA was

Note that we couldn't figure out how to reorder the Unreleased / Released
versions in the Target Version/s dropdown menu. The rest of the workflow
changes are done, though.

Mike

Posted by Dave Wang <ds...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@cloudera.com>.
Good catch, JD. I also noticed that Fix Version is not required when we
mark a jira Resolved, and that In Progress and In Review are no longer
workflow options.

Since we haven't found any more missing data, let's go ahead and install
the redirect today, and I'll file an ASF infra ticket to address these
other more subtle concerns.

Here is the list I have right now for that ticket to be filed:

- Find out if Unreleased versions can precede Released versions on Target
Version
- Require Fix Version to be set when marking an issue Resolved

Maybe fix:

 - Add In Progress workflow status
 - Add In Review workflow status

For the workflow items, I don't really use them much, personally, but if
others want them to be added back in then please speak up. Also, please
bring up any additional complaints so I can file one big ticket that
includes all of our desired changes.

Thanks,
Mike

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.