Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Panov, Wasili" <wa...@smartbot-technologies.de> on 2003/11/26 18:32:53 UTC

InMemory woody form source

Hi there,

I'm trying to generate the woody form definition from the database into the
xml stream.
How can I use it as Source without writing it down to the file ?

Thank you

Re: InMemory woody form source

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 18:32, Panov, Wasili wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to generate the woody form definition from the database into the
> xml stream.
> How can I use it as Source without writing it down to the file ?

By using the cocoon: protocol when specifying the form definition, i.e.
"cocoon:/myformpipeline".

Note that by doing things in this way, Woody's caching of form
definitions will not work. This will cause the form definition object
model to be rebuild each time a new form instance is requested, and thus
also the execution of your form-generating pipeline. Your form
definition will then also not be shared across form instances, causing
increased memory usage.

I'd recommend to generate your form definitions to files, at least for
production environments. Or force pipeline caching in one way or another
(if I remember well ther's now a pipeline implementation that allows
this -- would need to check).

Of course you're free to do things in whatever way you like, but then
don't complain if Cocoon is slow :-)