Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2000/05/23 14:42:17 UTC

Idea sought for XInclude within

Hello,

I wanted to include the connection parameters from another file into an
<sql:execute-query> element. But the docs state that it is an error for
this element to contain children of another namespace. So, there's no
way I can include the whole she-bang in one step.

I guess I have to write:

<sql:execute-query>
     <sql:dburl><xinclude:include parse="xml"
href="foo.xml#xpointer(//dburl)"/></sql:dburl>
     ... and so on for all parameters?

Or does anyone have a less verbose idea?

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: Idea sought for XInclude within

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 23 May 2000, Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wanted to include the connection parameters from another file into an
> <sql:execute-query> element. But the docs state that it is an error for
> this element to contain children of another namespace. So, there's no
> way I can include the whole she-bang in one step.
>
> I guess I have to write:
>
> <sql:execute-query>
>      <sql:dburl><xinclude:include parse="xml"
> href="foo.xml#xpointer(//dburl)"/></sql:dburl>
>      ... and so on for all parameters?
>
> Or does anyone have a less verbose idea?

yeah. i'd do something like this:

foo.xml:
<defs xmlns:sql="...">
 <sql:dburl>jdbc:mysql: ... </sql:dburl>
</defs>

page.xml:
<sql:execute-query>
 <xinclude:include href="foo.xml#xpointer(/defs/*)"/>
</sql:execute-query>

and put the xinclude processor the xsp processor. by the time the
document gets to the taglib, there will be no extra elements to confuse
the taglib.

- donald