Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com> on 2004/01/15 22:28:47 UTC

Start new project in sandbox

What is the procedures to start a new project in  the Sandbox.
 I am interested in building a  Atom Feed  of Feeds aggregator.

R,
Nick

Re: Start new project in sandbox

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
IIRC the current policy is that any apache committer may (upon request)
be grant sandbox karma. the request probably needs to be made to the
pmc and cc this list.

it's considered good form to follow the commons standards and use the
template outline for the project.

you may like to read
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JakartaCommonsEtiquette

note that the current policy is that sandbox cannot be released and
also that external codebases should now probably go through the
incubator.

- robert

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Nothing to stop you just going on ahead and putting it in. Convention is
to match either the maven build or the ant build of the other projects.

Having a PROPOSAL.html will be needed someday to be promoted.

Community conversation beforehand might be worth it too. For two
reasons:

1) You might get some interest and/or prior art.
2) You might judge that the community has zero interest, in which case it
shouldn't really be in commons-sandbox.

Hen