Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/15 13:19:48 UTC

Phoenix Apps - new CVS respository

Folks,

We have a number of applications in Cornerstone's CVS.  What we need is
a "commons" like place for Phoenix apps.    The current situation with
many apps in Cornerstone (me being the worst perpetrator) is one of the
reasons we need a new CVS tree. Apps/ is no longer good enough and it
frightens newbies.

Thoughts?

Regards,

- Paul H

Re: Phoenix Apps - new CVS respository

Posted by Eung-ju Park <co...@isoft.co.kr>.
> We have a number of applications in Cornerstone's CVS.  What we need is
> a "commons" like place for Phoenix apps.    The current situation with
> many apps in Cornerstone (me being the worst perpetrator) is one of the
> reasons we need a new CVS tree. Apps/ is no longer good enough and it
> frightens newbies.
>
> Thoughts?
+1. current jakarta-avalon-cornerstone is so heavy.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Phoenix Apps - new CVS respository

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:19, Paul Hammant wrote:
>
>>We have a number of applications in Cornerstone's CVS.  What we need is
>>a "commons" like place for Phoenix apps.    The current situation with
>>many apps in Cornerstone (me being the worst perpetrator) is one of the
>>reasons we need a new CVS tree. Apps/ is no longer good enough and it
>>frightens newbies.
>>
>>Thoughts?
>>

> +1 if you want to set it up ;)

+2, it also makes for loong updates.

It will also help with getting a release plan together for Cornerstone/Phoenix.
Each app will be evaluated on its own merit--even though they share a CVS
repository.  Perhaps we can run it like Jakarta Commons--but with Peter's
preferred changes to the charter...

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Phoenix Apps - new CVS respository

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 19:45, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Peter,
>
> >>We have a number of applications in Cornerstone's CVS.  What we need is
> >>a "commons" like place for Phoenix apps.    The current situation with
> >>many apps in Cornerstone (me being the worst perpetrator) is one of the
> >>reasons we need a new CVS tree. Apps/ is no longer good enough and it
> >>frightens newbies.
> >>
> >>Thoughts?
> >
> >+1 if you want to set it up ;)
>
> Aw darn, you know my unix skills are slight & CVS skills entireily
> gooey.  Man this is plain prejudice ;-)  You're plainly stacking things
> against those of us with poorer technical skills!
>
> Seriously, there is a man page I'm sure.  Do we need any other approval
> from root or general@jakarta? Or are we merely dependant on a couple
> more +1 votes?

Just need to get votes then ask somebody (maybe root? - see the webpages for
who is reponsible) and it is created. Then I would like to see

cd /home/cvs
cp -R jakarta-avalon-cornerstone/apps/*  jakarta-avalon-apps

so we keep all the history.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: Phoenix Apps - new CVS respository

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Peter,

>>We have a number of applications in Cornerstone's CVS.  What we need is
>>a "commons" like place for Phoenix apps.    The current situation with
>>many apps in Cornerstone (me being the worst perpetrator) is one of the
>>reasons we need a new CVS tree. Apps/ is no longer good enough and it
>>frightens newbies.
>>
>>Thoughts?
>>

>+1 if you want to set it up ;)

Aw darn, you know my unix skills are slight & CVS skills entireily
gooey.  Man this is plain prejudice ;-)  You're plainly stacking things
against those of us with poorer technical skills!

Seriously, there is a man page I'm sure.  Do we need any other approval
from root or general@jakarta? Or are we merely dependant on a couple
more +1 votes?

- Paul

Re: Phoenix Apps - new CVS respository

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:19, Paul Hammant wrote:
> We have a number of applications in Cornerstone's CVS.  What we need is
> a "commons" like place for Phoenix apps.    The current situation with
> many apps in Cornerstone (me being the worst perpetrator) is one of the
> reasons we need a new CVS tree. Apps/ is no longer good enough and it
> frightens newbies.
>
> Thoughts?

+1 if you want to set it up ;)

--