Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Mohan Radhakrishnan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/05 03:16:54 UTC

Equivalant of a proper Circuit Breaker

Hi,

        I read http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/exception-handling.html.
That is a straightforward 'retry' handler.

Is there a simple circuit breaker built into the client ? A simple one
could be something like https://github.com/resilience4j/resilience4j

Does anyone plug something like into the client ?

Thanks,
Mohan

Re: Equivalant of a proper Circuit Breaker

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mohan,

On 11/19/17 1:06 AM, Mohan Radhakrishnan wrote:
> On 5 November 2017 at 08:46, Mohan Radhakrishnan <
> radhakrishnan.mohan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>         I read http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/exception-handling.html.
>> That is a straightforward 'retry' handler.
>>
>> Is there a simple circuit breaker built into the client ? A simple one
>> could be something like https://github.com/resilience4j/resilience4j
>>
>> Does anyone plug something like into the client ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mohan
>
> I was actually asking about some failure detection patterns that could help
> me find out when a SOAP web service is not responding in time. I know it is
> hard to detect that.

Perhaps you should set a read-timeout and act when that timeout occurs?

-chris

Re: Equivalant of a proper Circuit Breaker

Posted by Mohan Radhakrishnan <ra...@gmail.com>.