Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by hilz <hs...@hotmail.com> on 2006/09/19 14:01:18 UTC

is deleting last revision ok?

Hi all.
I have an svn repository and i made a check-in that i don't want. It is
the last one.
can i go into db/revs and delete the last revision number there?
is it safe to do so?

thanks

Re: is deleting last revision ok?

Posted by Felix Gilcher <gi...@exozet.com>.
I would *never* delete, alter or add anything in the svn servers directories
- that's a recipe for desaster. This is svn territory only, any change
should be done through the appropriate programs. (you're looking for
svndumpfilter). What you're trying to do will probaly break the repository
as the information which is the last revision is stored somewhere else as
well IIRC. Whatever you do, make yourself a good backup.

Regards

felix