Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hubert Rabago <hr...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/16 21:14:54 UTC

Shutdown process hanging when I load-on-startup

Hi,

I have a servlet whose init() method sets up an ActiveMQ jms broker
and a couple of JMS connections.

When I specify load-on-startup for this servlet, Tomcat hangs when I
shut it down.  I reach the "INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on
http-8080" line, afterwards it hangs.

When I don't have load-on-startup specified, Tomcat shuts down properly.

In both cases, I shut down the ActiveMQ Jms broker properly.

What am I doing wrong with this servlet?  What else can I look into to
figure out what's happening?

tia,
Hubert