Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> on 2003/06/17 10:12:22 UTC

Non-Jakarta committers in Commons Sandbox: Status?

What's the status about admitting non-Jakarta committers to the Commons
Sandbox? I've read some mails about infrastructure not being happy when
the PMC is bypassed and things like that.

I'm already in the avail file for jakarta-commons-sandbox but since the
group permissions have not been changed I still don't have r/w access.

Is there something I can do?

Thanks for any help/advice!

Jeremias Maerki
FOP committer

Re: Non-Jakarta committers in Commons Sandbox: Status?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
as i understand, infrastructure will provide access if that the jakarta
pmc actively approves the apache committer (whether from jakarta or not).
the process now (whether you're a jakarta committer or from elsewhere in
apache) is that you need to post a request to the pmc including an
outlined of the stuff you're proposing to work on.

- robert