Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by wadian09 <wa...@rediffmail.com> on 2007/07/21 08:59:01 UTC

wml and ofbiz

i want to develope a application which work both on PC as well as on Mobile
phone  using ofbiz framework
now problem is ofbiz server is not able to execute the wml pages.
is there any patches or package are need to implemt?
i guess that for supporting the UI ofbiz have viewhandler classes e.g. for
ftl and pdf.
is anything availbale for WML?

or ofbiz support any such technology which also support by cellphone?

Re: wml and ofbiz

Posted by Pradeep Chaudhary <pr...@gmail.com>.
In WAP 2.0 WML is replaced by XHTML. So for implementing it in ofbiz
you just need to implement ftl files using limited XHTML tags allowed
for mobiles. You will have to search for google for XHTML MP. Start
from following link:
http://www.developershome.com/wap/xhtmlmp/xhtml_mp_tutorial.asp?page=wmlFeaturesLost2

Pradeep

Re: Text Field is not visible

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mathius

This is probably a browser issue, what browser are you using?

Regards
Scott

Re: Text Field is not visible

Posted by Mathius Allo <mg...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jacques,

  sorry, I was not very clear in my previous reply.

  Let me clarify:
  In my new modules I have to use class="inputBox" for text/password fields and I have the following entry in my additional css:
     .inputBox {
   background: #FFFFFF;
   font-size: 8pt;
   background: white;
   border: #999999 solid 1px;
   margin: 2px;
  }

  The border for text/password fields OK even with IE 6.0

  However, text/password fields in all other original modules from OfBiz (apart from eccommerce) are having this issue.
  I noticed that the text/password fields in these modules don't use class.  If I updated text/password fields by adding class="inputBox" in the login.ftl under framework/common/webcommon/login.ftl, the text/password field's border for login screen is OK.

  I also notice that "inputBox" has been deprecated. I no longer see "inputBox" usage apart from ecommerce module which uses a separate css (ecomain.css). This changes causing compatibility issue with earlier version of IE.

  I have not tried with Firefox, IE 7 and Opera as I am fine with Safari 3.0.3. As our users will most likely to use IE and we don't use any of the existing modules, I will stick with using class="inputBox" for our new modules.

  Regards,
  Mathius

Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:
  You mean you changed from OOTB ? If it's the case you should compare with last svn... Did you try with Firefox, IE 7 and Opera ?

Jacques

> My IE version is 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300
>
> Note:
> =====
> The border appears even with IE 6.0 with the following:
>
> I used class="inputBox" as below:
>  [input] >
> and I have the following entry in my css:
>
> input[type="text"], input[type="password"], .inputBox {
> /* inputBox is deprecated */
> font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
> background: #FFFFFF;
> font-size: 8pt;
> background: white;
> border: #999999 solid 1px;
> margin: 2px;
> }
>
> Thanks,
> Mathius
>
> Walter Vaughan wrote:
> Mathius Allo wrote:
> > The border for the text field is missing.
> > it is very difficult to see on the text fields. User needs to guess on where to click.
>
> > Does anyone have suggestion?
>
> I have seen exactly what you describe several times. It's due to micro$oft
> window$. A simple reboot restores things to normal.
>
> By and far the best browser for ofBiz is Safari 2.X. The blue text box that has
> focus automatically has a blue border around it, and many places the UI looks so
> much better than firefox and the rest.
>
> We've wrote changes to the .css files to emulate the blue border, but I belive
> it didn't degrade properly, so it wasn't submitted as a Jira issue/patch.
>
> --
> Walter
>

> ---------------------------------
> Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.
> Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

---------------------------------
Building a website is a piece of cake.

Re: Text Field is not visible

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Text Field is not visible

Posted by Mathius Allo <mg...@yahoo.com>.
It looks ok with Safari 3.0.2.

Re: Text Field is not visible

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.

Re: Text Field is not visible

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Mathius,

Always any problems either with Firefox  2.0.05, IE 6 and 7, Opera 9.22. All on Windows.

Which browsers on which platforms are you using ?

Jacques

De : "Mathius Allo" <mg...@yahoo.com>

Re: Text Field is not visible

Re: Text Field is not visible

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Mathius ,

I can't see any problems. Could you be more specific please ?

Thanks

Jacques
  I noticed text/password field is not really visible in modules other than eccommerce.

  login.ftl (used in ecommerce):

  <input type="text" class="inputBox" name="USERNAME" .....

  login.flt (webcommon/login.ftl):

  <input type="text" name="USERNAME" value="${username}" size="20"/>

Text Field is not visible