Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2006/10/16 14:10:24 UTC

Re: Geronimo Liferay Plugins

On 10/14/06, Brian Chan <bc...@liferay.com> wrote:

> The latest Liferay portal plugins are now available on.
>
> http://geronimo.liferay.com/plugins
>
> It'd be great if we can add it to the default list of available plugin
> repositories for Geronimo 1.2 and on.

I think it's doable ;-) I'l start a vote about it in a separate mail.

In the meantime, could you enable the repo to be browsable? I'm
getting the following error msg:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /plugins/ on this server.

> I'm quite impressed with Geronimo's plugin architecture and will be demoing
> this feature in my upcoming talks/conferences as we promote our
> Liferay+Geronimo.

Would you share the presentation with us? I'd be glad if I'd be able
to showcase it to a local java user group - Warszawa-JUG and don't
bother with slides and such.

Well, some documentation pages would be of help, too ;-)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: Geronimo Liferay Plugins

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 10/16/06, Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org> wrote:

> IMHO, I think it probably should be up to the contributing organization
> if they want their directories viewable...I don't think that needs to be
> a requirement.  Since all we care about is the plugins, we just need to
> look at the top level geronimo-plugins.xml and it will basically tell
> you what is available in their directory structure.

Agreed. It should be added to plugin documentation somewhere. Will
take care of it later if noone beats me to it ;-)

Thanks!

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl

Re: Geronimo Liferay Plugins

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On 10/16/06, Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> geronimoplugins.com is the same, so we should probably be consistent.
>
> Would you explain (possibly again) why it is configured this way?

I am actually in agreement with you.  I don't really know why it's
configured this way.  My point was that if we need to have Liferay open
up directory viewing, then so should everyone else.  What's good for the
goose is good for the gander ;-)

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.