Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by James Heather <ja...@mendeley.com> on 2015/09/14 11:16:51 UTC

failing unit test in Phoenix source (master branch)

Does anyone else get a test failure when they build Phoenix?

If I make a fresh clone of the repo, and then run mvn package, I get a
test failure:

    Test set: org.apache.phoenix.schema.PMetaDataImplTest

    Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.027 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.phoenix.schema.PMetaDataImplTest

    testEviction(org.apache.phoenix.schema.PMetaDataImplTest)  Time elapsed: 0.027 sec  <<< FAILURE!

    java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<3> but was:<2>

         at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)

         at org.junit.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:834)

         at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:645)

         at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:631)

         at org.apache.phoenix.schema.PMetaDataImplTest.testEviction(PMetaDataImplTest.java:98)

I've attached the XML file that maven produces too.

James

Re: failing unit test in Phoenix source (master branch)

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Yes, I'll look into it. Thanks,

James

Posted by James Heather <ja...@mendeley.com>.
Thanks!

Insert time or date on hbase from phoenix

Posted by Alberto Gonzalez Mesas <ag...@hotmail.com>.
I can't put cells with timestamp into hbase. If put a timestamp "10/10/2015 22:34:21" in hbase and i create a view in phoenix, phoenix not recognized the data.

¿Why?

EJ.

++ Create and put data into hbase:

Hbase> create 'table1', 'c'
Hbase> put 'table1', 'row1', 'c:timestamp', '23/09/2015 14:11:05'

++ Create and query data from phoenix:

CREATE VIEW "table1" (
    rowkey VARCHAR NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
    "c"."timestamp" TIMESTAMP
)

SELECT * FROM "table1";

ROWKEY    timestamp
   row1         <error>

any solutions?

Thx!!!!

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Heather <ja...@mendeley.com>.
Reported as

Posted by James Heather <ja...@mendeley.com>.
This looks like a bug in PMetaDataImpl to me. The test looks correct.