Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/31 06:41:00 UTC

Pax Web 8 - 2 more tasks before GA

Hello

I'd like to present the state of Pax Web 8. I hope to release Pax Web
8.0.0.GA in mid-September.

I maintain a todo.txt[1] file where I present the issues I'd like to
implement in given milestones.

The priority is to have R7 compliance, though without running the TCK[2],
because I didn't have time to find out an easy way to actually run the TCK
:) However I'm glad it's public now.

So summarizing, these R7 features were implemented recently:
 - Whiteboard preprocessors
 - RegEx filter mapping
 - Listener ordering according to ranking
 - Session per OsgiContextModel / OsgiServletContext (including proper
javax.servlet.context.tempdir handling)
 - org.osgi.framework.ServiceObjects and proper service management (unget,
prototype, singleton, bundle scopes)

Also I've implemented (or ensured the stability and consistency between
Jetty, Tomcat and Undertow) for these:
 - Whiteboard WebSockets - they work both through WABs, Whiteboard and even
WebContainer (HttpService)
 - Karaf integration tests - all tests work for all three runtimes. In Pax
Web 7 the tests were running mostly on Jetty

The remaining *two* tasks are:
 - Mixing (in different order) WAB and Whiteboard contexts, so we can
install a WAB and Whiteboard/HttpService alter it by registering for
example Preprocessors
 - Whiteboard DTOs

kind regards
Grzegorz Grzybek
===
[1]: https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/blob/main/todo.txt
[2]: https://github.com/osgi/osgi/

Re: Pax Web 8 - 2 more tasks before GA

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hey Gzegorz,

great work you did on Pax Web.
Will be very interested in seeing the final product after you finished :)

best regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
Project Lead

Re: Pax Web 8 - 2 more tasks before GA

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
Awesome!

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Great work !

As said on Slack, I started the build/tests/integration, so far so good.

Thanks again!

Regards
JB