Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/18 19:06:44 UTC

Manually overriding AssemblyInfo and ability to specify friendly assemblies

I have two questions both regarding the flexibility of the AssemblyInfo that
is generated for C# artifacts.

1)  Is there a way to specify a hand-coded AssemblyInfo for an artifact?  I
know this would be problematic due to version consistency etc, but if
someone wanted to manually manage the complexity, could they?

2) Is there any thoughts about adding "friendly assembly" entries into an
artifacts pom?  e.g. A lists B as a friendly artifact which causes NMaven to
add a friendly assembly entry into
A's AssemblyInfo which enables B to access the protected members of A.

If neither 1 or 2 are supported, I would vote for adding a JIRA for #2.  I
would like to have the AssemblyInfo generated as it prevents certain
mismatch errors.  We will just need to ensure that we have configuration
support for all needed AssemblyInfo constructs.

Thoughts?

Re: Manually overriding AssemblyInfo and ability to specify friendly assemblies

Posted by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com>.
Good to know on #1, and I had the same thoughts on #2.  So I guess we can
add that support when it is needed.

Thanks,
Evan

Posted by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com>.