Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2021/01/28 16:58:41 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Regular releases pace and clean schedule on the website

Hi guys,

I would like to propose something similar to what we do on Apache Karaf regarding releases.

http://karaf.apache.org/download.html <http://karaf.apache.org/download.html>

Basically, my proposal is:

- flag any branch < 5.15.x (5.14.x, 5.13.x, …) as "Not Active"
- flag 5.15.x and 5.16.x as "Stable"
- flag 5.17.x as "Development"

About the release cycle, I would like to propose:

- 5.15.x release every quarter (meaning that 5.15.15 will be scheduled for March, 9th)
- 5.16.x release every two weeks (meaning that 5.16.2 will be scheduled for end of Feb)

I would like to add details about releases schedule (and JDK version supported, etc) on

http://activemq.apache.org/components/classic/download/ <http://activemq.apache.org/components/classic/download/>

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB

Re: [PROPOSAL] Regular releases pace and clean schedule on the website

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
3 months sounds good to me. That's a pretty standard cadence for many
projects and should be doable.

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 on 3 mos

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 !!!

Posted by JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Matt

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Etienne,

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, we can avoid to specify "Not Active" as we can always cut a release "on demand". The purpose was to be very clear for users, but release date would be enough.

Regards
JB

Posted by "Hossack, Etienne" <eh...@amazon.com.INVALID>.

[cid:0CFB4B72-BC66-42A8-953C-779D7FAE3DC0@amazon.com]