Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Ahmed Al-Obaidy <ah...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/09 19:46:59 UTC

Starting and Stopping MINA based server

Hi Everybody,

I am writing a mina based server. I am looking for a guide lines or best practices of how to stop the server from the Linux service script ("/etc/init.d/myserver").

Re: Starting and Stopping MINA based server

Posted by "W.B. Garvelink" <ba...@gmail.com>.
Have a look at Jakarta Commons-Daemon. I've never used it, but it
promises to do precisely what you need.
http://commons.apache.org/daemon/

Barend

Re: Starting and Stopping MINA based server no---signature

Posted by Steve Ulrich <st...@proemion.com>.
> Ahmed Al-Obaidy [mailto:ahmad_alobaidy@yahoo.com] wrote:
>
> Hi Everybody,

Hi! I think you should try the users mailinglist for similar questions. The intention of the dev group are discussions about mina internal development.

> I am writing a mina based server. I am looking for a guide lines or
> best practices of how to stop the server from the Linux service script
> ("/etc/init.d/myserver").

The best and easiest way IMHO is a service wrapper. They handle startup, shutdown and automatic restarts in case of failures.
The most seen one is the Tanuki Java Service Wrapper (can be found at http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/download.jsp ). There are maven plugins which will create a configuration for you.

hth and regards

Steve