Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Yonas <yo...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/11 09:01:47 UTC

PHP install doesn't work

Hi,

I'm new to shindig, and I'm trying to install 0.8.1 on Ubuntu Jaunty.

This directory doesn't exist:

/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml

there's a /test/gadgets/, but no /test/gadgets/ifr.

Is the documentation out of date?

Cheers,
Yonas

Re: PHP install doesn't work

Posted by Yonas <yo...@gmail.com>.
Yup, I followed the directions in the README:

"<VirtualHost your_ip:your_port>
         ServerName your.host
         DocumentRoot /var/www/html/shindig
         ... other normal settings in vhosts...
    <Directory>
      AllowOverride All
    </Directory>
  </VirtualHost>"

I also linked /etc/apache2/mods-available/rewrite.load
to /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/rewrite.load and rebooted apache.

I see that the index.php script is actually returning 404:

 // Unhandled event, display simple 404 error
  header("HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found");
  echo "<html><body><h1>404 Not Found</h1></body></html>";

Re: PHP install doesn't work

Posted by Rodrigo Moraes <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Tim Wintle wrote:
> How far along is your python container, and is it independent of shindig
> or does it integrate into the shinding interface?

Hi Tim,
It is not integrated with Shindig, as I plan to deploy using Python
only. From the initial idea of a port, I realized that a full port
would not fit App Engine, so I'm trying to make small modules with few
dependencies so that I can split the work and pre-process a lot.

I have implemented the Gadgets server and am working on a client
interface for the container - however none of the OpenSocial services
are available.

-- rodrigo

Re: PHP install doesn't work

Posted by Tim Wintle <ti...@teamrubber.com>.
On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 05:36 -0300, Rodrigo Moraes wrote:
> And a side note, I'm working on a open source container in Python, to
> be deployed in App Engine. Shindig is helping me a lot to understand
> the specs. If you have interest in the project, please drop me a line.

I might be interested in that.

Specifically I've been wondering about integrating shindig with Zope - I
considered replacing the sample service implementation in PHP shindig
with a version that would proxy requests from an external (Zope) api,
but closer integration might be cleaner.

How far along is your python container, and is it independent of shindig
or does it integrate into the shinding interface?

Tim

Re: PHP install doesn't work

Posted by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com>.
Nope, weird!
~Arne

Re: PHP install doesn't work

Posted by Yonas <yo...@gmail.com>.

Re: PHP install doesn't work

Posted by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com>.

Re: PHP install doesn't work

Posted by Yonas <yo...@gmail.com>.

Re: PHP install doesn't work

Posted by Yonas <yo...@gmail.com>.
I don't think that's the problem for me. I solved the apache problem,
but now I'm getting "Invalid XML structure in message bundle" for the
labpixies gadget and your hello world gadget.

I've attached the debug backtrace.

Re: PHP install doesn't work

Posted by Yonas <yo...@gmail.com>.

Re: PHP install doesn't work

Posted by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com>.

Re: PHP install doesn't work

Posted by Rodrigo Moraes <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Arne Roomann-Kurrik wrote:
> Or you could just try with a different test gadget - here's one I just
> wrote:
>
> http://<path to your shindig>/gadgets/ifr?url=
> http://gadgeteditor.appspot.com/spec/16002/hello-world.xml

Thank you Arne, yeah I got it working with this simple gadget. :)

Strangely enough, I had to rename the class HttpUtil to something
else, or I'd keep getting "Cannot redeclare class HttpUtil" (which is
only required in 2 places in the code). I guess it is related to some
autoload magic, not sure though and I did not investigate much.

-- rodrigo

Re: PHP install doesn't work

Posted by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com>.

Re: PHP install doesn't work

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Yonas <yo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Chris, I recommended the devteam change the example in the
> README.

Agreed.. The only reason I've been holding of so far is that I hope to
develop a fix for such inputs where the charset is missing or conflicting
with the actual encoding, but I'll make sure to change the example in the
meantime.

Thanks for the report & feedback!

   -- Chris

Re: PHP install doesn't work