Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by manjunath bhat <mb...@rediffmail.com> on 2001/06/15 06:25:20 UTC

Tomcat IIS HowTo

Hi,

I am having problem in configuring IIS 4.0 and Jakarta Tomcat 3.2.1. I have followed the instruction given by you in your documentation. I am not able to see "http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html".

In your trouble shooting section 5.A.3 says
"If the number following GET "/..." is 200 or 403, make sure you have checked Execute Access for the jakarta virtual directory in the Advanced Options of the Personal Web Manager. " But i'm not using "Personal Web Manager." I'm using "Internet Service Manager"

Please help me in this regard

Thanks in Advance

Manjunath

http://bol.rediff.com

RE: Extra header data on browser IE

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
I have the exact same problem when using a tomcat-apache configuration.  I
have not been able to find a solution for that problem with
response.sendRedirect().  I have resorted to using <jsp:forward> in my
pages.  I forget what method that translates to in Java, but I think someone
posted something about it a few days ago.

Brandon

Posted by "Yogesh Shah(JP)" <Yo...@sutra.co.jp>.
Hi All,

  {
  }

// *********************************

Re: Tomcat IIS serves one request (or hell with the dll) then it gets unloaded!

Posted by Robert Schweng <hy...@multiplayer.ch>.
Hi, does anyone else have the problem with iis redirect???
i made some really wierd experiance with isapi redirect.
i got it to work on my server NT4 sp5 but if some one requestet an
JAVA Applet from IIS it stopped to work.
i installed several versions of ISAPI redirect.
in all versions green arrows in IIS where up and Tomcat where working fine.
the latest version works only for one request, after that nothing more is
redirected by isapi_redirect.
i traced everything i could but without a solution since there is no output.
when i recomiled a debug version of isapi_redirect.dll on my workstaion
there i could see
this errormessage (it says an unexpected exception occured in Kerner32.dll):

Der HTTP-Server ist bei der Verarbeitung der ISAPI-Anwendung '
 + 0x31313131
isapi_redirect + 0x10D80
isapi_redirect + 0x2A71
isapi_redirect + 0x1ABA
isapi_redirect + 0x71A9
 + 0x688971B1
 + 0x68897E33
 + 0x68C2063A
 + 0x68C1F911
 + 0x68C10EDA
 + 0x68C10E4A
 + 0x68C177B1
 + 0x68C0A20E
 + 0x68C09DF1
 + 0x68C09D89
 + 0x6862471E
 + 0x6862493B
KERNEL32!lstrcmpiW + 0xBE
' auf eine unerwartete Ausnahme gestoßen.

So my question is does someone know how to replace the kernel32.dll
with the current (which is be used by the system?).
i mean without using a registered version of ntfsdos?
or does someone think if i install the MS Visual Studio on the server it
will solve the problem?
(cause i can compile the dll there?)

cheers
Robert

Re: Tomcat IIS HowTo

Posted by Irfan Baig <ir...@abstractedge.com>.
It must be the same thing - mine says Internet Service Manager also. Just
right click on your jakarta virtual directory, choose Properties and set the
Permissions at the bottom to 'execute'.

Can you see http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/index.html ?

--
irfan.baig   =   "Engineer,  Abstract Edge"
irfan.phone  =   "212.352.9311 ext 102"