Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)" <cp...@bloomberg.net> on 2015/11/25 12:42:36 UTC

Re:Coverity scan results of Lucene

Had a bit of a look around at some of the defects identified and picked out 3 interesting and 2 trivial ones to fix in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-6910 ticket.

From: dev@lucene.apache.org At: Jul 14 2015 15:33:59
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re:Coverity scan results of Lucene

Hello!

I scanned the Lucene project with Coverity scanner. 444 defects have been detected.
Please check the attached report on the breakup of the issues. Some of the issues are false positives.

I would like to volunteer for fixing these defects.

Before I start, could you please tell me whether I should I create a single JIRA for a kind of issue (e.g. "Concurrent data access" or "Null pointer exception") or should multiple issues be created according to the module of the files to be modified?

--
Sincerely,Rishabh Patel